Tanque Verde Pediatrics, P.C.
Mimi Peterson, MD
Scott Radomsky, MD
Amy Montgomery, MD
Sandy Herron, MD
Amelia K. Decker, MD
Jennifer Moher, MD
Brent Watkins, MD
Phone (520) 722-2585
Fax (520) 722-1097
Financial Policies, 2020
Re: Well visits and charges
Well Visits and related charges:
Sick and well visits on the same day
Sick visits and well visits on the same day:
- Please be aware that Tanque Verde Pediatrics follows the American Academy of Pediatrics schedule regarding well visits. At each visit, there are age-specific recommendations for fluoride, surveys, labs and tests with which we comply for optimal care for your children. If your insurance does not pay for them, those charges become the patient's responsibility. If you would like a list of these tests, please ask the front desk and we can supply you with one.
- We require well visits yearly for all of our patients. This policy ensures that your child receives optimal care. Refill requests, sick visits and phone calls are most appropriately handled for children who have accurate weights, medical histories and updated information in our charts. If you request any of the above and your child is not up to date on their well visits, we will schedule them immediately so we can comply with your requests. We appreciate your participation in this policy by scheduling your well visits annually.
Divorced parents and payment for services:
- Tanque Verde Pediatrics follows the American Medical Association coding and documentation guidelines. If your child comes in for a well child visit, but in the course of this routine visit "an abnormality/ies is/are encountered or a preexisting problem is addressed" the appropriate problem oriented evaluation and management service will be coded in addition to the preventive code. This may result in additional charges or a copay depending on your insurance.
- Tanque Verde Pediatrics will submit the bill for the date of service to the accompanying and authorizing parent who is present with the patient at the time of service. If there is a court decree or other agreement in effect, it becomes the responsibility of the parent that accompanies the patient to the visit and authorizes medical care to collect or get reimbursement as such. Tanque Verde Pediatrics will not bill another individual for service.
- It is also the responsibility of the accompanying parent to communicate to the non-accompanying parent any relevant medical information obtained at that appointment.
Download the PDF Version (132KB)
< Back to Policies and Letters